What I write on my blog is for me. I work in communications, which mostly involves having my work reviewed by 15 people and changed simply because someone wants to use the word “utilise” instead of “use”. That’s part of my professional life and I’m used to seeing what I write become a collaborative company message, rather than my own work – in fact, at work that’s how it should be.
But my blog is for me. There is so much freedom here – knowing what I write is mine. Every mistake, everything you read and think “she’s rambling” or “I kind of like that” is mine to own. Your feedback means something different (and more) to me than professional feedback. So I was touched when the lovely Carla from Style By Carla thought to include me in her nominations for the versatile blogger award. I’m waiting for my plaque and cheque to arrive, but in the meantime, here are the rules:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging (or whose blogs you enjoy most).
- Let them know that you have nominated them.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
I’m going to break the rules and just go straight to the nominations of blogs (new or not so new) that I really enjoy reading/stalking. There’s more than 15, and instead of just linking to their home page I’m going to take you to posts that I’ve really liked.
2. Two sisters and a toolbox Erica was one of the first bloggers I ‘met’ here. Go check out her blog if you’re into renovating and other creative and crafty things.
3. Laughlotstraveloften There are three people operating this blog and I like the different perspectives and broad range of topics they cover.
4. 366daysofphotosbyclare Love every single one of her photos. In a healthy non-stalking way.
5. Project 365 by Kenneth Todd I’m not sure where the 365 project people keep finding their inspiration but I love seeing what they all come up with, including the pics from this site.
6. The Sweet Life There are pictures of cupcakes and other yummy things but I particularly loved this post of photos from Paris.
7. Cozy walls OMG the food on this blog is amazing. This link will take you straight to a recipe for coca-cola cherry blossom cupcakes. You know you want to see that.
8. Sally’s baking addiction I’ve only just found this one but there’s pictures of cookies. So, new favourite, obviously.
9. SKEdazzles Always beautiful photos. Always.
10. See Love Remember Photography! You’re sensing a theme? If it’s about photography or cupcakes, or photography and cupcakes, I’m there. Beautiful photos to be found here.
11. Jessica Stanley Beautifully presented and love the ‘10 photos’ category.
12. Working Girl Smiling Great writing – with some astute observations about office life.
13. A post a day I’m taking a photo a day. This is challenging enough. Can you imagine blogging about a song every day? I like the creativity behind this one.
14. Practice makes perfect Not just photography, but also helpful tips and tutorials.
15. A beautiful noise Music, photos, thoughts. Lots to like. The blog name is so poetic too.
16. Carlie Crash There’s kind of a little bit of everything here – photos, fashion, pop culture, and that’s why I like it.
17. Nick exposed More beautiful photography.
18. More charm than good Fashion and other pretty things.
19. Erica Lee Style Fashion, style and photography. This links to a senior picture post, which I really liked; the photos are so fun.
20. Clouds of Colour Pretty photos. It’s all it takes to make me happy.
There are more blogs that I love and regularly follow and comment on, but 20 is a pretty long list so I’ll leave it there for now. I hope you click on at least few of the blogs listed, I’m sure you’ll like what you see. Also check out Style by Carla.
And thank you for reading.